For most of us the buildng project has been disrupted by the school holidays with the scouts not meeting and families away. This evening was us getting back to meeting as group.
Andy (our very version of an army of elves) has been very busy and completed some fantastic work. Below our some pictures of the progress made.
We then went through a period of lining up all the frames. Every frame needed to be adjusted slightly, some with slight schimes under them to ensure when the hog was placed on the “top” it sat straight and square.
After getting the moulds all lined up Andy then got the inner stem and the hog mounted.
The last pic for this session was just checking the number plate fitted..
At this stage the frames had been mounted and held in place but needed further adjustment. The frames have been epoxyed in this evening.
There has also been some work on scarfing the planks. Andy did quite a few rest cuts and wasnt happy with the initital results, but has resolved this repeat, Some of planking has waroed slowly, depsite being stored in a dry and flat space. We think this has happened as it’s been cut out the board.
We also cut out the Mast head, this is made from 12mm ply. It’s probably not thick enough, and the scale has been a bit of guess, but we’re quite pleased with the first version.